Thursday 19 May 2011

Books

A good book for me is hard to find. I love reading but there are times where I don't read at all and times where I read a lot. If I like a book I can read it in a couple of days. Recently I was recommended The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes. I absolutely loved it, I would recommend it for anyone who likes a book which is captivating and hard to put down (it was - I read 300 pages in on evening) and doesn't use unnecessary complex language.

It reminds me of another book I read called The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas. Although the story lines are different they are similar in the sense that they offer the reader a view into the unknown. Something which can neither be proved or disproved which gives the writer complete creative freedom to write what they want.

My plan is to find more books like these and if anyone has any suggestions please tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment