Saturday 23 July 2011

Graduation

This week I graduated. It seems rather strange and I hear myself asking the same question I have heard many mutter.. where did uni go? It doesn't feel like that long ago I was moving into my halls as a nervous eighteen year old. Yet this week I found myself walking across the stage of the Barbican theatre, in my Vivienne Westwood designed gown, arm outstretched and ready to receive my degree.
I enjoyed the day enormously and one thing that really warmed my heart was Terry Pratchett. He was there to receive his fellowship from Kings. He was so lovely and everyone was so ovewhelmed by his dedication to demetia that the crowd gave him a standing ovation. He was amazing and it was a great honor to receive an award alongside him.

But now I am done, with a degree in my hand and I am ready to face the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment