Sunday 3 July 2011

Sun, Marshmallows and Songs

The last few weeks have surprisingly been rather busy ones. Although still jobless, I have been busying myself in order to avoid going mad.

After my previous post in which I ranted about the miserable weather, it seems as though the weather gods have been kind and graced us with some lovely summer sun rays.
So what have I been doing apart from painting my nails and enjoying a cheeky cocktail here and there.. 

Well, I have been renewing my love for campfires and toasting marshmallows by the looks of things. As the warm weather has meant I am more inclined to stay outside later my dad has kindly been making fires to keep warm outside. To my delight I went into the back room and found some marshmallows! I don't know about you, but many people find it weird that I like to completely burn my marshmallows before eating them. Although it is not completely visible in the picture, the marshmallows are still on fire when I take them out the flame and only when they start to fall off the stick do I blow it out.







I do realise I look somewhat hippy-esque in these photos, the reason being was that I had been shopping that day for Hawaiian fancy dress. I bought these flower headband for the outfit but just decided to wear it for the evening as you do. The party was good fun, here is what I wore (and my boyfriend's outfit too).

In the taxi on the way to the party the taxi man asked if we had been to Hawaii, I told him we had and we loved it so much we couldn't bare to take the clothes off! Bizarrely, he believed me.

Anyway, I am glad to finally have some sun again and these warm months always go hand in hand with some good summer tunes. A couple of songs I am listening to at the moment are:

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
Alexandra Stan - Mr Saxobeat 
Nicki Minaj - Superbass
Maroon 5 - Runaway

and one of my old favourites I rediscovered...

Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry

1 comment:

  1. I'm really loving the nicer weather too! Love the idea of evening fires and marshmallows- very jealous!! Your flower headband looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment